Sunday, April 20, 2008

Back to DJing: late night drive electro chill mixtape

I copy/pasted this [below, not above] directly from a post I made in a DJ forum I'm a member of, so apologies for the DJ jargon, if there is any. I got really lazy.

For those making assumptions, this is totally unlike my typical creations that I post here [the Teiam Player stuff]; this is a good ol' fashioned DJ mixtape, recorded live, right here in my bedroom. And damn was it fun.

Skip to the tracklist and judge before you listen if you don't wanna hear me ramble any more. Or be a good little enthusiast and judge while you listen before you check the tracklist. Whatev, it's really late. I'll shut up. G'night.

.

I'm pretty excited about this mix, mainly because it's the first live mix I've recorded in a few years. I kinda went into retirement a couple years ago after being overseas for extended periods, and just within the past month finally [!!] broke down and bought Serato [I of course quickly realized it's something I should have done years ago, as I've always been a huge fan of looping for extended mixes and live remixing]. It's like the raddest thing since the direct drive turntable itself. I've been mashing and doing longer mixes with Ableton for a while [if you missed it: my megamanic Ableton-athon 180-sample mashmix here], and so getting back onto the 1200s felt real good.

So here it is.. after playing with it for several days, and wanting to do a mix like this for quite some time, I finally did. No time better than starting at 3am, ey? As you can see, it's a mixed bag of stuff, contains some older stuff, and kinda bounces around a bit. It pretty much-- I think-- has a late night feel to it. And since I've been kinda out of the game for a while, it isn't a perfect mix. I'm still not as expert on Serato as I'd like to be, and wasn't able to do as many quick mixes as I'd have liked to. Oh well.

So wait until it's dark, then hop in your car and cruise to it.

Teiam Player presents: The Lighter and Darker Side; early morning in April
Tracklisting:

TV on the Radio - Mr Grieves
M83 - Couleurs
Boys Noize - Shine Shine [Apparat remix]
Booka Shade - Solo City
Juana Molina - La Verdad
Panda Bear - Bros
DNTEL - [This is] the Dream of Evan and Chan
Matthew Dear - Deserter [Four Tet remix]
Caribou - Niobe
Battles - Tonto [Four Tet remix]
Radiohead - Everything in its Right Place
Burial - Archangel [Boy 8-bits remix]
Daft Punk - Make Love
LCD Soundsystem - Never as Tired as When I'm Waking Up
Santogold - L.E.S Artistes [XXXChange remix]
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps

133mb hiQ mp3 on DivShare:
http://www.divshare.com/download/4297261-e4a

73mb medQ mp3 on zShare:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/108339900f792d91/

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NEW BOYS NOIZE REMIX

Boys Noize - & down (The Missiles)


http://www.zshare.net/audio/1053341040e5239a/