Thursday, April 10, 2008

Go Away

what is this crazy thing?

I don't post random songs enough. Usually there is too much new stuff out there to bother with old and random stuff. And let it be on the record that I honestly think that perhaps two of you out there will download any of these songs [as opposed to the average of five].

Today's theme: rain. What else, as the biggest rain cloud in the history of history takes its fucking time crossing overhead here in Madison.

Smokey Robinson "Tracks of My Tears"
It's definitely, by far, without a doubt, my single favorite Smokey song.
Smokey Robinson "Tears of a Clown"
It's definitely, by far, without a doubt, my other single favorite Smokey song.
Silverchair "Tomorrow"
Silverchair had a tune called "Acid Rain", or at least I coulda sworn they did. For some reason I don't have it. Relive my bedroom and the cockpit of my 1986 Pontiac 6000 by rocking out to one of the tunes that was played most in both places.
The Great Mundane "Collecting Rain"
Chicago's TGM performed laptopily here in Madison, at my favorite little place Natt Spil. Sadly, although I planned on attending, the two-fisted combo of working at 0630hrs Sunday and the night before's three hours of sleep damned me from going. This song is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l, in all it's chillistic hip hop -ness and electronic tinkering. Don't let these silly words fool you. Download it! And then visit MundaneSpace.
Thom Yorke "And it Rained All Night"
One of the best songs from one of the best albums of 2006 by one of the singers from one of the best bands.... ever.
Juana Molina "¡Que Lluvia!"
Juana captures my heart every time I listen her. If you haven't heard me say it before, think Jose Gonzalez, but female and sometimes with a keyboard and electronic whimsyness.
Cloud Cult "No One Said it Would Be Easy"
Mr Cult and his band and the painter lady will be here in Madison tomorrow night performing. I've seen him/them/her twice already, and I loved every minute of it. Sadly, I'll instead be geeking out to this guy, also in Madison:
Bon Iver "Wolves (acts I and II)"
Nothing else to say about this man. Listen and love, my friends.. listen and love.

Peas peace, y'all.

.

No comments: