Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween MEGApost; an OHWNT with few words


I have a costume to make, a paper to write, and I'm working all weekend. Also, I'm simply not feeling like spending a lot of time here spewing forth a bunch of stuff about these bands below. 

So suffice it to say that since I'm posting it, it's all worth listening to.

Once again, all tunes on this megapost are available as a ~100mb zip file, linked at the bottom of the page. Without further....

=

New Psapp album, The Camel's Back, out now or soon. From that album:
"Hi", from The Only Thing I Ever Wanted
"Electricity in Pine Boxes", from Tiger, My Friend

I just stumbled upon Shearwater, Okkervil River's brother band. Their album Rook is pretty stellar:
"Trouble in Mind", from the Okkervil River // Shearwater split EP Sham Wedding/Hoax Funeral

Horse Feathers is coming to Madison next Wednesday, @ the Frequency. His/their show at Montmartre last year was my favorite show of the year. From the latest album House With No Name:
From their first album Words Are Dead:

Daniel Martin Moore has learned to channel Nick Drake. It's amazing. It's like a repeat of the Iron & Wine story, four years later. Listen to SubPop's new discovery, from his new Stray Age:

Wilderness is a change of pace from this other stuff. Think.... I don't know what to tell you. Part Black Mountain, part Animal Collective, part Mogwai? From their upcoming (K)no(w)here:

One more. If you can't wait three months for the next Animal Collective album, and I don't blame you, check out a cover of what has been a crowd favorite at live shows for many many months. Florida's Blind Man's Colour covered "Brother Sport" [forthcoming on Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion] and you need to get it here.

=

And as promised, here's a zShare link to download all eighteen songs in one handy zip file.

=

Buy stuff:


=

Enjoy your Halloween, amigos. Don't be like this moron:
Aww, I love you Salz.

.

No comments: