Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm So Excited: new albums!

Just tonight I procured two of the most highly-anticipated albums of the year.
First, Department of Eagles' In Ear Park. I've been dying to get some new DoE material ever since first hearing the amazing "No One Does it Like You" about a year ago. Then came along Daniel Rossen's cover of JoJo's "Too Little Too Late" which was equally beautiful [I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere in my FaveSongs2007 series-- yep, sure did-- right here]. You can purchase both songs on a 7" vinyl piece somewhere, I just forget where. If I remember, I'll let you know.

Daniel Rossen is Eagles' lead singer and mastermind. He's also in the little known band Grizzly Bear. I knew Department of Eagles first, somehow. I stumbled upon their awesome "Sailing by Night" while I was dying for any new musics when I was in Saudi a couple years back. "Sailing" piqued my interest because it built slowly, then some faint drum machines were brought in and the song was just overflowing with emotion. Anyway, ever since then they've been on my radar.

Then came along Grizzly Bear and, guess what, Rossen's a part of that, too. Strangely, I didn't get caught up in all the GB hype, but don't get me wrong-- I do of course totally love a few of their songs ["Knife", their cover of the murderous white OJ's "He Hit Me", which was also a FAveSong2007].

Anyway, I'm currently listening to In Ear Park the old fashioned way, like I used to when I got a new record, cassette or CD-- all. the. way. through. I'm not skipping past the couple I've already heard. I'm not fast-forwarding through the boring-seeming ones. I'm not rewinding [yet]. I started 30min ago and I'm on track #8, "Waves of Rye". It kills. The whole album kills. I'm so amazed by it so far.

Second, TV on the Radio's Dear Science. I mentioned that a couple weeks ago, and then [as I mentioned the other day] that post vanished from the internerds. Like I just said, I haven't yet allowed myself to be torn away from DoE's album, or else I'd be geeking out about how much I love it, too. Hopefully.

Check back here soon for an update on just how awesome Dear Science really is.

Without further, here are a few Department of Eagle tracks, old and new. These new ones have already been blogged to hell, so hopefully this post won't be disappeared like the others.

Department of Eagles - "No One Does it Like You", from In Ear Park
Department of Eagles - "In Ear Park", from In Ear Park
Department of Eagles - "Sailing by Night", from 2003's Whitey on the Moon
Department of Eagles - "Forty Dollar Rug", from 2003's Whitey on the Moon
Daniel Rossen - "Too Little Too Late", from Ed Droste's Grizzly Bear blog
Daniel Rossen - "Deep Blue Sea", from the 2007 Grizzly Bear Friend EP
Grizzly Bear - "Knife", from 2006's Yellow House
CSS - "Knife", from Grizzly Bear's Yellow House
Grizzly Bear - "He Hit Me", from 2007's Friend EP
Grizzly Bear - "While You Wait for the Others", from forthcoming LP, recorded live on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic

** I had problems uploading most of these tracks-- if you have problems downloading [broken links, etc], please don't hesitate to e-mail me.

Preorder In Ear Park from InSound and-- hey hey!-- get the 7" I mentioned above, with "No One Does it Like You" and "Too Little Too Late" for free!

Preorder Dear Science from InSound and get a limited edition poster illustrated by TVotR's own Tunde Adebimpe.

Otherwise, get the stuffs from here:
Strictly Discs : iTunes : Amazon

.

Oh yeah, and if you haven't already, go download and start using Google's new browser Chrome. It's wicked. Not better than FireFox.... yet.... but I imagine it will be soon.


.

No comments: