Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Beirut Still Rocking My Mind

Something made me check out Takeaway Shows this morning, and I'm glad I did. There's a lot of new stuff since I last visited, to include recent favorites Beirut. I've always [well, since I first heard it a few weeks ago] thoroughly enjoyed "The Penalty" [mp3], but this live version made me enjoy it so much more, and now I think it's probably my favorite. Other album standout "Nantes" is rendered as well.

Also, check out latest TaShows offering by Department of Eagles. I first heard "Sailing by Night" while I was in the desert last year, but I must have listened to it more than a hundred times in those few months. They have a new album coming out, and I'm actually pretty excited for it. "Sailing" [still my fave of theirs] and the new "No One Does It Like You", from the upcoming album Gold Suits, are both featured. "No One" is fricking awesome, sounding more like their cousins Grizzly Bear.

Thanks to Music is Art, Hypeful, Music For Kids Who Can't Read Good for the tuneage links.

In totally unrelated news, this right here kinda explains how the Monaco of the Desert works, because I know you all were wondering.

No comments: